Friday 12 August 2011

Pizza boxes just may be the answer to your questions.

My boyfriend said to me today, "You can't put pizza boxes in the recycling bin."


When I asked him why I couldn't, he told me something about how food and cheese and grease remain on most pizza boxes and they can't be recycled.  I persisted to find out the source of this information, and finally he told me that the powers-that-be at his old apartment complex issued a notice advising tenants that the rubbish removal team will not be picking up any recycling bin that had pizza boxes in it.


Now, I am not one to argue (no woman is, of course!) however when I pursued the matter with rebuttals such as "we have received no such notice from our building manager" and "if one pizza box is too dirty, surely they can separate it from the rest, as is included in the job description, I am certain" and so forth, I was met with responses that told me that he, the love of my life, was not going to budge.


Of course the subject had transgressed way past pizza boxes.


Now we are talking choice, and blind leading the blind, and laziness, and conveniences, and grey areas, and creating jobs vs creating work and bla bla bla...


Funny how a pizza box can make you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment